Friday, May 21, 2010

Say good-bye to the play set, kids!




Three low-ball offers later, we have finally accepted an offer for our house in Chicagoland. After going back and forth in negotiations, we had to begrudgingly throw in the washer/dryer and brand-new Rainbow Play Systems swing set to sweeten the deal. In today's market, you almost have to give your firstborn child (and the kitchen sink) to entice and satisfy buyers.

I still have mixed emotions about selling the house. I'm mostly angry and depressed because not only are we practically giving the house away but we also gave away the kids' beloved play set to boot! What else in my life is for sale--cheap? It's like someone is hosting a garage sale on my life and everything must go! I sold my car before moving west. I gave away boxes and boxes of toys, clothes, shoes, books, and who knows what else. Now, we're selling the house. A houseful of memories clear as day, with laughter that still rings through its hallways and tears that have stained the carpets. If we hold dear the memories of this house, will this dwelling dwell upon us?

I have become sentimental in my approaching old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment