Friday, July 2, 2010

Nobody likes a whiner

I haven't felt much like writing lately.  Sure, I've started some posts but never had the heart to finish them.  When I do, I will love them.  Right now, these half-finished thoughts will remain floating and suspended in  draft space.

Why haven't I written?  Probably because I feel like I can't squeeze anything out.  I can't seem to put together  cohesive and coherent thoughts for all of you (or none of you) to read.  My brain is just tired.  As some may know, we are in the middle of escrow, selling our dear dear home in Chicagoland.  So most of my waking hours are filled with the annoying buzz buzz of thoughts about flying back to Wheaton to pack up the rest of the house...and hiring movers for the second move...and submitting a claim for three golf club sets and bags that were lost (or stolen) in the first move...and hoping that we sufficient funds in the bank so we can bring an awful big sum of money to the table at closing...and hating how we gave away the kid's playset...and taking the kids to piano lessons on time...and trying to smile and have fun with the kids at the pool...and driving Dave to the airport...and picking up Dave from the airport...and bringing in the drycleaning...and getting Dave's dress shoes shined...and making a healthy dinner...and planning my sister's baby shower at the end of July...and planning a portion of the family reunion at the beginning of August...and finding a school for Kimmie...and doing laundry...and feeding the fish...and...and...and...

My brain is mush.

And my eyes hurt a lot lately.  Is it time to change the prescription for my glasses already, even though I got new ones seven months ago?  Or is it just that throbbing headache that likes to creep in at the end of the day, every day?

So, I really have nothing interesting (is it ever) to write about lately, except to whine about my life.  And whine I just did.

I guess I feel a little better.

Yep, that moment is up.  Gotta go feed the kids.  Give them baths.  Put them to bed.  Spend time with my husband.

Hit repeat on the alarm clock, starting bright and early.  Oh, I feel that headache coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment